Wednesday, December 6, 2017

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It's the first Wednesday of the month and that means the start of a new challenge at
Double D Challenges.
Team Diane is hosting and the theme is
'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas'
and using the colors red and white with a touch of green
using the beautiful mood below for inspiration.



I bought a die a long while back (last year...we make our boards a year in advance)
for this challenge and then decided to go an entirely different way....typical lol! 

I really focused on all the details in the mood board
using several, the stitched hearts, white deer, red tree and even the snowflake
and added my 'touch' of green.




For the main image of my card I used a Stampendous stamp that I 
just dearly love 'Sweater Square'.
Using the TH stamp platform, I stamped it 3 times until I had the perfect
stamped image using SU Real Red ink.
I then die cut it with a Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Heart.
I embossed a panel of white card stock to go under it...snowflakes.



Next I cut 2 pine trees, one from a red~white flocked paper
and one from red card stock, stacking them slightly ajar.

I added a RRR ribbon to the top of the card , then added some greens
and a tiny heart.

I die cut a deer and a snowflake, 
coated both with a Nuvo Medium Tip glue pen,
then sprinkle with SNS Cloud Nine glitter.



Make sure and visit the Double D challenge blog to see
all the beautiful things from the design teams....WOW
you won't want to miss it...plus we have a fun prize to win!

Entering the following challenges:
Stinkin' Inkers .... Celebrating The Holidays (m)
Mod Squad .... Snowflakes
Addicted To Stamps and More .... ATG
Craftaholics R Us .... Christmas
The Merry Christmas Challenge .... ATG Christmas


16 comments:

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card, Diane! I love this design the resembles cross stitch. The red tree is my favorite embellishment!

aussie aNNie said...

LOVER that heart and the gorgeous dies and embossing...fabulous card.x[aNNie]🎄

Donna Phelan said...

That stitched heart with the sweater stamping is everything!!! I also adore that fab tree and all of your lovely accents! Merry Merry!

Barbara said...

When I opened this challenge and your post, my heart said Awe! This is so inspirational and I love the design. I love the sweater stitched heart.

Ros Crawford said...

It's fabulous!! Loving the scandinavian look here Diane!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, it's so stunning!! The stitched heart looks so amazing!! I love, love the tree!! So gorgeous, my friend!! Perfect recreation of the mood board!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathy Krug said...

The embossed white background is perfect background for this gorgeous card. the knit background and the texture it adds to the card as does the ribbon and tree and little bit of greenery. I was so clever the way you repeated the patterns on the sweater square...snowflake, deer, tree and even the tiny heart. Gorgeous card.

Darlene said...

I would have to agree with you ... I think this is one of my most favorite holiday cards of yours too! LOVE that sweater stamp ... how clever to stamp it on a heart! And, all the winter/holiday elements are perfect! WELL DONE my friend ... it's awesome!

Carol L said...

This is elegant, stunning, and a great wintry make with the red & white colors! Love that heart with all the mini hearts stitched into a nordic pattern! Fabulous!!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so, so pretty, Diane! I dearly love a red and white combo, and that little pop of green is the perfect addition. I borrowed that tree die from a friend and now I'm wishing I'd cut it in red before I gave it back. Love the glittery deer and cute little heart and beautiful big heart. Awesome stamped background. Wow!

Judy Woodland said...

There's that beautiful tree die that I covet, and I love your Nordic background. Reminds me of that card I made a little while ago. Great design here with the little heart and snowflake. Perfect embellishments. Wonderful card!

Judy Woodland said...

Well here you are again over at The Mod Squad. Great take on the snowflake challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week!!!
Judy~ Mod Squad DT and Challenge Host

Julie B said...

Love the Scandi stamped background and the die cut tree.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week. :)

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a stunning card Diane! The stamp is so beautiful with all the embellishments.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

Ina G said...

This is such a beautiful card Dianne. Amazing layout - everything marries together perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at ATSM. Hope you pop back again with your talent soon.