Thursday, March 8, 2018

To Wonderful You

When I got up this morning there was snow on the ground,
right on top of my poor daffodils and hyacinth coming up...
how dare it!!
Well, that's pretty typical in March in Michigan,
but compared to the terrible weather those
poor folks in the East are getting, I won't complain.

I have a pretty vintage card today
easily made with some vintage looking
papers, die and Roses.


The little doily in the background was one I die cut eons ago
and it didn't quite cut like it should of,
but I couldn't throw it away,
so I tucked it away and thought it would be a perfect little base for under my Roses.
Speaking of the Roses, now they will add postage to this card for sure,
probably $3.50 to mail....but I don't mind (too much)
when I am just sending one like this here and there,
but if it were a bunch...yikes....I just mailed a die to The Netherlands
and it was $1.31 to mail, but a card to PA was $3.50..really???

Anyhow, this card was made for Tutti Designs store.

Products used (some) are listed below.

Entering in the following challenges:
Dream Valley .... Vintage
Unicorn Challenge .... Make It Girlie

Products:
Paper:  the paper Studio Country Road



8 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Crazy postage but gorgeous card to send.xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The roses are stunning!! I love the violin and the papers you used!! Shipping really is outrageous. And so is the snow!! We had a very light dusting, but that's all (knock on wood). It's time for spring, darn it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Phelan said...

I don't mind paying more for my cards when mailing either. I just want them to get there in one piece. I would say I pay more for most of my cards, and I'm okay with that. Your card is gorgeous. I love that die cut and your roses are magnificent! It's only money, right?

Darlene said...

This is SO pretty! Love the vintage flair you have given this die cut! Great job and awesome inspiration!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love all the texture and the vintage style. I, on the other hand don't like to pay extra postage when making cards so I make more flat styles. If I am doing a card that I will just hand to them I will do a bit more on it.

Kathy Krug said...

I love how the violin looks on this card with the doily and flowers.So pretty. I know about the mailing costs and like you I only do them for a few special people that I know will appreciate my time and effort. I do draw the line occasionally. I made one for my daughter's MIL and put it in the padded envelope and took to the post office. Because it was going to Scotland,I had to fill out a customs form and the cost was $25. I brought it home and made a flat card and sent it to her in an envelope. I sent the package to my daughter to give to her MIL when she visits this spring. Anyway your card is gorgeous and will be adored by the recipient.

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, how dare it? My crocuses lasted about one day in this rain. You do have a very pretty card today! I especially love how you did the guitar. Wood grain paper with a little floral print on it, maybe? My favorite kind of paper. Crazy about the postage. Those sure are beautiful flowers, though!

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card,thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge this month!
Have a nice day
Anneke DT