Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Poinsettia Tissue Box Cover

Do you have a hard time finding a gift for someone that is 90?
I mean just what do they need at 90, like my Mom,
she has everything she could possibly use,
and most of the time whatever you give her,
about 3 months later she gives it back to you...lol.

So I try to buy practical.
One of the things she uses is tissues,
so what better gift then a pretty tissue box cover?

So, how very perfect that our 'assignment' at 


I made my box with a pretty 12 x 12 piece of paper
on my Cricut Explore.
(But did you know that each cut file comes with a PDF file as well?
Perfect if you don't have a cutting machine!)
The paper I used is called Merry and Bright by BoBunny.


I decorated it with a handmade Poinsettia
using a   Cheery Lynn Designs die.
I think she will like it!
Or if she returns it to me in 3 months,
then I will have a pretty tissue box cover...lol!


Make sure to stop by The Cutting Cafe blog on the afternoon
of the 21st (today)to see ALL the different tissue boxes by the Design Team.
Each one is so unique and different and of course amazing!
Plus, just by leaving a comment there, you could win 3 cut files of your own!

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I always mean to make some of these. I have a pattern and they're so easy. Yours makes an especially pretty Christmas decoration that's also practical! It's really a nice gift for any age!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!! What a gorgeous tissue box cover!! The papers are beautiful and the poinsettia is fabulous!! What a creative gift idea this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Regina Easter said...

this is super stunning, that flower just sets it off....love it

Donna Phelan said...

hahaha yes, we have the same Mother although mine is 3 years younger lol This is great though and you know she will show everyone!!! It's really perfect!

Ros Crawford said...

Yep, I hear you! But I'm sure she will love this... After all is was handmade by her lovely daughter and it's absolutey beautiful!

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE this, and so will your mom - it's fun to decorate the rooms, and remember the gift-giver every time something like this is used. Thanks for reminding me that I have a wooden tissue box requiring my attention - now that I'm inspired, maybe I'll soon get on board and make something pretty, too? Your mom will be delighted. Happy Thanksgiving, Diane! xx